The election committee has announced the unofficial winners of the run-off elections:
August 16, 2017
DISH NETWORK ATTENDANCE BARGAINING REPORT
Several weeks ago DISH reached out to the Union stating they were going to start strictly enforcing the attendance policy they implemented in 2015 without notifying the Union. The Union immediately requested information over this and after reviewing the documentation provided, demanded bargaining with DISH.
The Union’s Bargaining Committee, chaired by Sylvia J. Ramos, met on August 1, 2017 to prepare for bargaining with the Company on August 2, 2017. On August 2, 2017, your Bargaining Committee met with the Company at 9 a.m. to commence bargaining over the attendance policy. We spent almost the entire day in negotiations and at approximately 4:30 p.m. a tentative agreement was reached pending review of the agreement before executing it.
The following is what was tentatively agreed to:
• Clock in no sooner than five minutes before the start of your shift and you will be paid from the time you clock in.
• If you are going to be tardy, you must notify the manager on duty at least 45 minutes prior to the start of the employee’s shift and arrive within 60 minutes after the start time. (Warehouse is also covered in this attendance agreement)
• If the employee does not notify the manager at least 45 minutes prior to their shift and does not show up for work.
• PTO requests for one day should be submitted at least three days in advance.
• Requests for consecutive days should be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance.
• Starting January 1, 2018, 40 hours of PTO can be used without occurrence points. The points can be used for illness and non-work related injuries provided the employee informs the manager at least 45 minutes prior to the employee’s start time.
• 30 hours of unpaid time will be given to each employee to use for illness and non-work related injuries provided the employee informs the manager at least 45 minutes prior to your start time. (These 30 hours can only be used for the remainder of 2017 and is unpaid).
• On September 2, 2017, all employees will start with 0 (zero) occurrences and no previous absences or tardies will be considered for any purposes.
• All occurrences will be assessed on a 90 day rolling timeframe.
• The Company must deliver any attendance discipline by the end of the second shift when the employee returns to work.
• When an employee reaches level 5, they will be suspended and the Union notified. The Union will have the right to request bargaining.
**A tardy of 60 minutes or less will be given a ½ point occurrence provided the employee contacts the manager at least 45 minutes prior to their start time.
**This has not been finalized yet. The Union has some questions that will be brought to the Company. Once the document is finalized and executed, it will be made available to the employees.
Windstream Communication Final Bargaining Report
March 1, 2017
1. Article 36, New Agreement is 3yrs.
2. Revise Article 12, Section 12 as follows, 12.1 strike C.
3. Revise Article 19, Section 19.1 as follows vacations
a. 1 week vacation after 6 months of service
b. 2 weeks after 12 months of service
c. 3 weeks after 3 years or more of service
d. 4 weeks after 10 full years or more of service
4. Revise Article 20, Working Practices, New M.O.A.
a. Adequate Rest Period (will be explained on call)
5. Revise Article 24, Section 24.4 as follows
a. changed to 12 months in their current position
6. Revise Article 27, Section 27.5 as follows
a. Death in family, added Aunt and Uncle of employees will be granted up to 5 days off with pay
7. Revise Article 32, Section 32.1, as follows
a. 32.1 Sick pay program,, effective January 1, 2018 sick days from 10 to 8 days
b. Up to 3 of these days may be used for the, injury, illness or routine doctor’s appointment for the employee’s child
8. Revise Article 18, section 18.2 as follows
a. 18.2 Went from 5 to 6 Personal Holidays
b. 6 Personal Holidays increments of 2 or 4 hours for a maximum total 48 hours per year
i. After 3 months continuous service: 2 days
ii. After 6 months continuous service: 2 days
iii. After 9 months continuous service: 1 day added
iv. After 12 months continuous service: 1 day added
9. Revise Overtime M.O.A. as follows
a. Reduction in mandatory overtime 14 to 12 hours a week, strike paragraph 8 in M.O.A.
10. Revise Article 31, Group Insurance as follows
a. HDHP Plan: $1850.00 deductible
2018 75%/ 25% 2019 75%/25%
2020 70%/ 30%
HDHP Plan: $4500 deductible
75%/ 25% 2018, 2019, 2020
HDHP Plan: $6500 deductible
80%/ 20% 2018, 2019, 2020
11. 31.6 – HSA contribution in the amount of $600.00 each year of the contract
12. Add the following M.O.A
a. Employee Retirement Plan Choice (Explained on the call)
13. Revise Article 7, section 7.7 as follows
a. The introduction of new hires to the Union will have 15 minutes following the introduction.
14. New M.O.A Protective Footwear
a. $100.00 to the cost of footwear
15. Wages increases:
a. 2017: 2%
b. 2018: 2%
c. 2019: 2%
16. M.O.A Telephone Concession
a. Improved telephone concession
17. Ratification Bonus:
Windstream Tentative Agreement Reached, Details Forthcoming.
WINDSTREAM BARGAINING REPORT #19
February 28, 2017
Your Bargaining Committee met with the Company throughout the day trying to work through the remaining issues. We are very near reaching a tentative agreement. The parties have agreed to an extension until Noon in an effort to reach an agreement.
We will update the website as soon as something changes.
Your CWA Bargaining Committee